.

.

Mission

The mission of Capernaum is to provide, with integrity, professional, caring, and cost-effective pediatric services, so as to help the child reach his/her full potential. Capernaum provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy services to children with a wide range of developmental needs.

For more information on Capernaum’s services, visit us at www.capernaumpeds.com

Feb 28, 2013

Can-Do Canines! Preparing a Little Pup to do Service Work!


Val, Capernaum’s office manager at Capernaum Place-New Hope shares her experience with Can-Do Canines!  CHECK IT OUT!
About 4 years ago, I became a volunteer for Can-Do Canines which is an organization that trains service dogs for autism, mobility, diabetic, seizure and hearing assistance.  I, along with my family, started by fostering puppies that were waiting for a puppy raiser or those that didn’t make it through the program and were waiting for a forever home.  We realized quickly what an awesome organization this is and decided to “pay it forward” in order to help someone whose life could be changed with the help of a service dog.  So, last year, we welcomed a yellow lab named Huxley into our home.  I go to weekly training classes with him and he goes everywhere we go – restaurants, movies, church and work.  He’s learned how to bring me my shoes, get my keys that I drop, help with the laundry, open doors and pay the bill at the restaurant.
I know our days are numbered with our furry friend and it will be bittersweet when we present Huxley to his new family on graduation day.  It has been an experience full of hard work and frustrations, but most of all, it’s been an experience full of more rewards than I would have ever imagined.  There’s nothing better than endless puppy kisses!