Meet Ali Bicek (OTR), who will be leading two of our three summer groups that begin in June, S.A.I.L. Social Activities for Life and Friendship Club!
** Scroll down for dates and locations! **
![]() |
| Ali Bicek, OTR |
What is your role at Capernaum?
I am an occupational therapist at two of our community sites: Academy of Whole Learning and Spectrum High School, and I provide home-based services. I also coordinate Capernaum's community sites and have other administrative duties!
How long have you been a Capernaum team member?
I've been with Capernaum since 2001, with a short break when I moved to New York for 9 months.
Why did you choose to become a therapist?
Why did you choose to become a therapist?
The OT field kept presenting itself to me in different ways, and each time I was more and more interested. My mother-in-law is a pediatric OT, and she really encouraged me to go for it. She made it look so fun!
Share a favorite story about working with Capernaum.
Share a favorite story about working with Capernaum.
On my 40th birthday, Capernaum coordinated a flash mob for me! They included my husband, parents, and 92-year-old grandmother! It was AWESOME!
What's your favorite way to spend a free afternoon?
What's your favorite way to spend a free afternoon?
In the summer, I want to be on our boat with my family, exploring and fishing. In the winter, I want to be in the ice arena watching my boys play hockey!
