.

.

Mission

The mission of Capernaum is to provide, with integrity, professional, caring, and cost-effective pediatric services, so as to help the child reach his/her full potential. Capernaum provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy services to children with a wide range of developmental needs.

For more information on Capernaum’s services, visit us at www.capernaumpeds.com

Nov 7, 2018

Meet Kari Waderich, OT

Kari Waderich, OT
What is your role at Capernaum?
I am an occupational therapist, and I work at two community sites: Northside Child Development Center and Southside Family Nurturing Center.

Why did you choose to become a therapist?
I was introduced to occupational therapy when I was working for a group home company for adults with disabilities. Through my relationship with those residents, I learned that everyone deserves to live a meaningful life, whatever that may mean to the unique individual. I have also been inspired by the creativity, empathy, and striving for understanding which seem to me to be inherent to the field of occupational therapy.

Schooling and background.
I have a bachelor’s degrees in Philosophy and English Literature from Bethel University in St. Paul, and I have my master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from St. Catherine University in St. Paul.

What made you desire to become a Capernaum t
eam member?
The more I learned about Capernaum, the mission, and the people, the more I wanted to be a part of this company.

Share something you look forward to working at Capernaum.
I am looking forward to learning from my co-workers and working in the community in natural settings.

What's your favorite way to spend a free afternoon?
I have small children who keep me very occupied, but when I have time, I love gardening and making things. If it’s a really special day, I would go to a movie!