.

.

Mission

The mission of Capernaum is to provide, with integrity, professional, caring, and cost-effective pediatric services, so as to help the child reach his/her full potential. Capernaum provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy services to children with a wide range of developmental needs.

For more information on Capernaum’s services, visit us at www.capernaumpeds.com

Apr 13, 2019

Meet Kristin Ries, OT!

What is your role at Capernaum?

I am an occupational therapist and provide home-based services.

Why did you choose to become a therapist?

Growing up, I thought I wanted to be a teacher. I discovered occupational therapy in high school and loved that it seemed to encompass all the areas I enjoyed in life. It was similar to teaching, but also included some psychology, creativity, and medicine. I am especially honored to be able to work with kids and help them during such important years of their lives.

Schooling and background information.

I went to Creighton University in Omaha, NE for undergrad and for my doctorate in occupational therapy.

What made you desire to become a Capernaum team member?

I have worked in several clinic and hospital settings, as well as the school system. I truly love providing care to children in the home setting and think it is the best place for kids with complex medical needs.

Share something you look forward to working at Capernaum.

I look forward to collaborating with co-workers and getting to know each child and family I have the opportunity to work with. Being in the homes is such a private and special place to provide care, and I'm honored to be able to help families in this way.

What's your favorite way to spend a free afternoon?
I love spending time at our cabin in Grand Rapids with my family, going for walks with my husband and two kids, and playing the piano or baking.