We are excited to introduce a new monthly blog feature called Meet & Greet! Every month, we'll shine the spotlight on one of Capernaum Pediatric Therapy, Inc.'s great staff members and ask a few questions about who they are and why they chose a career in pediatric therapy.
This month's featured Capernaum staff person is our fearless leader, Bonna Olson, PT. Bonna and Marcia Hawkins Mattson joined forces to offer patient- and family-centered therapy in 1981. Visit our web page to learn more about our history and the growth of
Capernaum Pediatric Therapy, Inc.!
This month's featured Capernaum staff person is our fearless leader, Bonna Olson, PT. Bonna and Marcia Hawkins Mattson joined forces to offer patient- and family-centered therapy in 1981. Visit our web page to learn more about our history and the growth of
Capernaum Pediatric Therapy, Inc.!
What is your role at Capernaum?
It is hard to describe my role at Capernaum. I am a physical therapist and treat a little. As far as administration goes, I wear many hats, and any hat that is without a person, I will try to wear that one, too! Hopefully, my role is an encourager, a wise decision maker, a leader, and to live out Capernaum’s philosophy, mission, and motto in my work/interactions.
How long have you been a Capernaum team member?
Since before we were Capernaum. I began working with Marcia in 1981!
What made you choose to become a therapist?
I chose to become a physical therapist because it was a medical field with one-on-one interactions where I could encourage, educate, and assist someone in their own physical improvement/recovery. I love how personal it is.
Tell a favorite story about working with Capernaum.
Since I have been in this field so long, I have a lot of favorite stories. However, recently I have had two different moms find me (one in a store and one at church) and tell me how well their children are doing and that it is because of Capernaum’s services. One even quoted words I had given her long ago -- that was powerful and reminded me of the power we have to encourage and lift others up. Another favorite story is when one of my little ones received her very own walker. She was outside walking and her words were, “This is amazing! I am amazing!” Nothing better than that!
If I could do anything, I would gather my adult children and their spouse or significant others, and we would go on a hike or bike ride somewhere by water and then out to an outdoor restaurant for dinner and just sit and laugh and chat about crazy things!
![]() |
| Thanks, Bonna, for kicking off our Meet & Greet series! |

