.

.

Mission

The mission of Capernaum is to provide, with integrity, professional, caring, and cost-effective pediatric services, so as to help the child reach his/her full potential. Capernaum provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy services to children with a wide range of developmental needs.

For more information on Capernaum’s services, visit us at www.capernaumpeds.com

Mar 1, 2017

Meet and Greet: Beth!

Every month, we shine the spotlight on one of Capernaum's great staff members and ask a few questions about who they are and why they chose a career in pediatric therapy!

Beth Marpe, SLP
What is your role at Capernaum?

My role at Capernaum is a home-based SLP.

How long have you been a Capernaum team member?

I have been with Capernaum since February 2015 (though I worked for Capernaum in 2010).

Why did you choose to become a therapist?

I took a job interest survey in my sophomore year of college because I had to declare a major but had NO idea what I wanted to do. Speech therapy came up as being highly compatible with my responses, though I knew nothing about it! I switched schools and declared it my major--that was in 1991. I have come to really enjoy what I didn't know existed!

Tell a favorite story about working with Capernaum.

My most touching story comes from my initial employment with Capernaum in 2010. I was seeing a 4-year-old for articulation at the (then) Monticello clinic. We were playing a game and working on our sounds. He stopped the game, looked at me, and said, "You know Jesus, don't you?" That is my heart's desire—for Jesus to be living and seen in me.

What's your favorite way to spend a free afternoon?

I enjoy cooking and hanging out with my dear husband, Tim.