Meet one of Capernaum's physical therapists, who loves to work
with kiddos in the pool! Read on to learn more about Kristi and why
she chose a career in pediatric therapy!
Contact Capernaum to learn more
about their aquatic services!
![]() |
| Kristi Hsieh, PT |
I am a pediatric physical therapist, and I work in the aquatic and home-based settings. I began working for Capernaum in the spring of 2012.
Why did you choose to become a therapist?
I choose to become a physical therapist because of my passion to help children get stronger and meet their movement goals. What led me to pediatrics in particular was my cousin, who has cerebral palsy, and seeing the excitement and happiness on his face when he attained a new skill in physical therapy.
How did you discover Capernaum?
I moved to Minnesota from Chicago five years ago and was looking for a new job after I received my PT license. I found Capernaum's job posting (via a Google search) and applied and was interviewed. This was the one of the best interview experiences I’ve ever had, as there so much laughing and smiling! When I walked out of the interview, I knew that Capernaum was good fit for me.
What made you desire to become a Capernaum team member?
There is a family atmosphere at Capernaum that I have never found with any other job. The supervisors are willing to help and have gone the extra mile for me. They go above and beyond for their employees. Capernaum has also made it possible for me to find and pursue my passion for aquatic physical therapy.
Share a favorite story about working at Capernaum.
I’ve had a wonderful time in the relaxed environment at the holiday parties, with all the ladies from Capernaum!
What's your favorite way to spend a free afternoon?
My favorite things to do are to be outside biking, ice skating, and hiking with my 3-1/2-year-old son and visiting museums.
