.

.

Mission

The mission of Capernaum is to provide, with integrity, professional, caring, and cost-effective pediatric services, so as to help the child reach his/her full potential. Capernaum provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy services to children with a wide range of developmental needs.

For more information on Capernaum’s services, visit us at www.capernaumpeds.com

Jan 11, 2018

Make Your Own Toys

HOMEMADE TOY IDEAS!

Develop your own bag of inexpensive homemade toys that encourage sensory exploration, fine and visual motor development, social interactions, speech, and gross motor play! There is a wealth of ideas on Pinterest, but here are a few…..

1. Crazy Colander Fun:  Stick pipe cleaners in the holes and then string beads or dry cereal! Big hit with the kids! (See photo below.)

2. Muffin Pan Match:  Work on letters, shapes, and colors. Magnets work great or have them use tongs! (See photo below.)

3. Mini Clothesline:  I found old material from home and made my mini clothes! The only thing I purchased were small clothespins at the dollar store, but regular clothespins work too!

4. Homemade Piggy Bank:  Have different containers with various sizes and difficulty! Kids can place coins, buttons, cards, and other objects into the slot!

5. Rubber Band Ball:  I use a larger bumpy ball I purchased at a dollar store. This is an awesome two-handed skill, and kids are surprisingly motivated to remove the rubber bands after I’ve placed them!

6. Dyed Pasta:  I made this at home with my kids from a recipe on the internet! I use various pastas to string onto yarn or a pipe cleaner, stick into foam, or pick up with tongs!