.

.

Mission

The mission of Capernaum is to provide, with integrity, professional, caring, and cost-effective pediatric services, so as to help the child reach his/her full potential. Capernaum provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy services to children with a wide range of developmental needs.

For more information on Capernaum’s services, visit us at www.capernaumpeds.com

Jan 20, 2018

Meet Jennifer Hodowanic, OT

Jennifer Hodowanic, OT
What is your role at Capernaum?
I am an occupational therapist working with kids, aged preschool to high school, in their charter school and daycare settings.

Why did you choose to become a therapist?
I was originally working as a paralegal but found out that profession was not warm and fuzzy enough for me! I saw the movie "Regarding Henry" and was inspired by the characters who played his rehab therapists. I loved the idea of helping improve an individual's quality of life and, in the process, making good personal connections with them. I especially love the aspect of working on a person's sensory system.

Schooling and background information.
My first degree was from St. Thomas in Legal Studies. My second degree is in occupational therapy from St. Catherine's. I have worked as an OT for 20 years. I worked for Children's Hospitals and Clinics for 13 years in a preschool setting as well as the rehab clinics. I recently worked at St. David's Center for 7 years working in their Autism Day Treatment Program as well as in the rehab clinic.

What made you desire to become a Capernaum team member?
I was inspired to work for Capernaum because I liked their mission and the care that they give to their employees as well.

Share something you look forward to working at Capernaum.
I have only worked for Capernaum for a few months. I hope to develop enduring and quality relationships with the employees as well as my clients. I look forward to being an experienced school-based OT!

What's your favorite way to spend a free afternoon?
My favorite way to spend my time is getting outside and going for a hike! I also love spending time with my two boys, away from the distractions of their electronics and friends!