![]() |
| Emily Goracke, PT |
I am a school and home-based physical therapist.
Why did you choose to become a therapist?
I chose to become a physical therapist knowing I wanted to work with children after observing it in action. I love how it is a medical based profession that empowers the patient. I love to work with children and their families to meet their goals in order to be the happiest and healthiest they can be! Nothing beats seeing the look on a parent and child’s face when they achieve something new.
Schooling and background.
I attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison for my undergraduate degree where I studied kinesiology. I then moved back to my home state of Minnesota for grad school, where I attended St. Catherine University. I began my career working in pediatric inpatient rehabilitation and am now focused on treating in the home and school-based settings.
What made you desire to become a Capernaum team member?
I believe in the importance of working with children in their natural settings of home, daycare, and schools. Capernaum has a great reputation for being family focused for their clients and employees. I also respect how faith and community based their mission is.
Share something you look forward to working at Capernaum.
I look forward to collaborating with my amazing team of co-workers, as well as getting to know each child and family I have the opportunity to work with!
What's your favorite way to spend a free afternoon?
My favorite ways to spend an afternoon are playing with my son, chasing around my two dogs, cooking with my husband, or getting out on the lake with my whole family.
