.

.

Mission

The mission of Capernaum is to provide, with integrity, professional, caring, and cost-effective pediatric services, so as to help the child reach his/her full potential. Capernaum provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy services to children with a wide range of developmental needs.

For more information on Capernaum’s services, visit us at www.capernaumpeds.com

Sep 11, 2018

Meet Bonnie Elmquist, SLP

Bonnie Elmquist, SLP
What is your role at Capernaum? I am a school-based speech-language pathologist.

Why did you choose to become a therapist?
I went to an informational meeting at the U of M when I was in high school and knew when I left that this was my path. I love seeing my students each day and celebrating their progress.

Schooling and background:
I have my bachelor's and master's degrees in Communication Disorders from the University of Minnesota-Duluth. I also have certificates in Instructional Technology through St. Cloud State University and Assistive Technology through the State of Minnesota Department of Education. I worked for over 20 years as a speech-language pathologist and AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) consultant at Eden Prairie Schools. I am happy to be joining the Capernaum team!

What made you desire to become a Capernaum team member?
I was already familiar with Capernaum's excellent reputation and was thrilled that there was an opening with a flexible part-time schedule.

Share why you look forward to working at Capernaum. I will start working with Capernaum in August, and I'm very excited to meet my new students and the school staff!

What's your favorite way to spend a free afternoon?
I enjoy spending time with my two daughters and their families, working in my garden, and going for walks with my Yorkie mix, Jack.